Well, I don't know about a book, but I thought maybe a blog would work. Some days I cannot believe that this is my life and that some of this stuff really happens. Other days I just really want to tell someone, anyone about my day and maybe get some feedback. So here I am beginning my first ever blog, not knowing if anyone will ever read it, but at least I can get some of this stuff out of my head.
So I am just going to jump in.
This month has been from hell. On the 7th the Fire Inspector put a Condemed notice on our door and if this list of 20+ things isn't fixed by the 18th when they reinspect then we will have to move immediately. There aren't too many 6 bedroom houses out there that take Section 8!! Tomorrow I am going to take off of work to go and appeal this mess. The landlord is responsible for most of the fix it stuff, but I doubt he will do anything as he is more of a slumlord. Plus, one of the things on the list is to reduce the number of people living in the house to 8! Yeah right, am I supposed to throw out a few kids or what?!
Then this past weekend we had the 15 passenger van battery go dead 2 days in a row and they were cold days!! Both days we were out at the Mall trying to get all our new cell phones and service straight so we had to wait for AAA to come out and jump the battery both days. I took Monday off work and Tuesday was a holiday (Thank you Veteran's!!!!) so my first day at work this week was Wednesday. I took Kyle (16) to school early so he could get a permission slip signed and my car (91 Ford Taurus) died. So I had to have Ellery (hubby) come and jump me with the van and was 45 minutes late for work! When Ellery went out to come and pick me up, he found a ticket on the van for expired plates! I thought I had gotten the tabs, but obviously I had forgotten - goodbye $111!!!!
Today I spoke with my great-niece's child protection SW (we are her kin foster parents for now) and she was asking about the condemned notice and what we were doing, not knowing if she'll be able to stay with us any longer. I told her we were going to appeal it and she said I needed to contact our Section 8 worker too so I did. I also called the licensing sw and she said that the foster care standards are different than Section 8 and she didn't think we were going to be able to be licensed at all!!! What a MESS!!!! So I had a bit of a cry and then went to my Thurs evening class. With all this house stuff going on, I am a little behind in my studies and we have so much to do this weekend (cleaning out the house) I hope I can find a few hours - next month is finals already!
Anyway, I am tired now and I know I could go on here for days, but am going to stop for now. More tomorrow (maybe).
No comments:
Post a Comment