I am beginning to think Mondays hate me too. Just the little things like this morning at the gas station I pick up a 12 pack of pop and all the cans fall out because the seam is not sealed any more! I know it's just another day, but I am tired and don't want to be at work and have so much going on, wah, wah, and wah.
Some good things. Rasheed (18 yo dss) is down at MN State University, Mankato right now taking 6 credits (06/14-07/10) before he starts his freshman year in August. So proud that he got into college and is really trying. Kyle (16 yo ds) got a full scholarship to go to a 5 day jazz music workshop - he is a pretty good musician and I am so proud of him and excited for him! Emmanuel (3 yo ds) has been in daycare (preschool) now for about a month and is doing well. It was a "preK allowance" that the city gave us and they are discontinuing the funding so July 10th will be his last day - kind of sad, but glad that he was able to go at all. In the fall he should be going to Headstart so this was good practice for that since he has always been at home til now.
On a trying to be neutral/open note. Just found out this morning that Mercedes (17 yo dsd) will be arriving from Arkansas on June 30th. It's never been a secret that her and I have had issues and she had some major lack of respect issues before she moved to Arkansas with her bio mom in February this year - without a word to my husband who has custody! I am trying to keep an open mind and heart because she may have learned a lesson and be willing to work with us - I am willing to try and work with her so we'll see. Nonetheless I am more than a little apprehensive. Honestly, I think the stress level in my house went down by one-third to one-half when she left. So we'll see.
Had a great time on Father's Day! We went to my dad's and my sister and her hubby and 2 kids were there and my cousin, her son and her daughter and her daughter's father were there. We had a nice time visiting and eating and the kids were pretty good too! There wasn't any major fighting (a few kid sqabbles, but that's to be expected), no one was drunk, no one was yelling. It was good! We also celebrated Anastasia's (11 yo dd) 11th birthday, which was on the 16th of June. So it was a good day!
Well, better get back to this Monday, I feel a little better after getting this stuff out. Maybe this blogging thing will work for me after all, even if noone else ever reads it!
No comments:
Post a Comment